Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Hope you can swim...this is PRETTY deep!

It has been a while since I posted, so thought I would just type a post to say how GRATEFUL I am for all the BLESSINGS I have in my LIFE! Yeah, I know it's not Thanksgiving or anything but recently I have had time to reflect on all I have going in life and I am THANKFUL for:


My faithful pioneer relatives who walked over 1500 miles to find a place they could live and be accepted, as well as practice the true religion of Jesus Christ. I am THANKFUL I am a part of that religion. I often wonder how faithful I would have been had I been there.


FRIENDSHIPS that I have developed every place I have lived. I am GRATEFUL for the wonderful people I have met in my life and now our life as a family not only here, but overseas as well. I am blessed to be able to stay connected with those people and continue being their friend! I know that certain paths have been crossed for a REASON and I will never be the same.

So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is UNSEEN. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is ETERNAL. - 2 Corinthians 4:18

I am thankful for being taught to look at things in the ETERNAL PERSPECTIVE...to try and see beyond this world. Am I doing what I need to do to get to where I need to be? Am I allowing God to mold me to be the person he sees me to be? It is so easy to let the material things, everyday annoyances, and issues get in the way of what REALLY MATTERS. I am GRATEFUL to know that the grass isn't greener anywhere except where my Heavenly Father is. Hollywood would like us to think that what we wear, say or how much money we have is important. Really....it doesn't matter eternally what the world thinks! Are you doing what is right for your forever family?
The pioneers had an eternal perspective when they walked across the plains...especially those who died doing it.

I save the best for last...my FAMILY! I am grateful for such patient, strong, fun, and loving kids and a husband who does EVERYTHING for us...never himself. It is good to know that on this JOURNEY, I have such great guys to help me along:)


Did I drowned you in "deep thoughts by Amber"? It has been a cold day indoors and it has allowed me to "reflect". I would like to know...what are you THANKFUL for?

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had time to reflect today. You're right, there is so much to be thankful for. Sometimes we just have to look a little deeper.

    I am Thankful for you as a friend. I love that after a few years being apart that we were able to meet up and continue w/ our amazing relationship. I love our conversations and how excepting you are. I know I tell you things that you could judge me for and you still don't. You just continue to love me!! I love you for that!

    I am SO thankful for my testimony of Jesus Christ and of Joseph Smith and the amazing gospel. I don't want to ever take it lightly.

    My eternal family. I know with hard work and keeping our covenants, we will have each other forever - really, how cool is that!?!

    Sorry about the novel..

    ReplyDelete