Sunday, April 4, 2010

Random thoughts...

Does anyone else feel like they could be better?
Like a better friend, better Mom, wife, daughter, etc? Gosh, I feel like that all the time and wish there was more time to do what I would like to do. For instance, call my friends I miss so much in Tx, Ct, Ut, etc., post a comment on your blog, actually sit down and play for a long time with my kids without thinking about the millions of things I have to get done, etc. Anyway, I am going to take the time and post some pics on here and then I will take the TIME to blog surf. If you have actually come back and read my blog at all, PLEASE forgive me for being a slacker friend/sister/daughter (although I doubt my family reads this except my awesome Mom and my awesome sister, Lori and they have to accept my flaws;). I love you all!!!

HAPPY EASTER TOO!

2 comments:

  1. Sis. You are so amazing! I understand how you're feeling, though. There's always more that can be done! It's just good that you're not sitting there saying you're perfect and that you don't need to improve. :) You are amazing already and your kids love you tons. It's true that there always seems like something needs to be done. But when it comes down to it, what REALLY needs to be done? There only this little once. They need us {and husbands, too} more than anything or anyone else. It seems like every month or two I have to step back and look at how I'm prioritizing things and realign what's off, ya know? We didn't have the internet for a couple weeks and we don't have cable... crazy... but honestly it felt nice to just not be ruled by that freedom on the computer or list of things I could do/look up/pay/buy/etc. on the internet. I am seriously considering putting time limits on my internet and planning it for only when the kids are asleep or 30 min while they watch a show or something. Then I'll just have to plan out what I'm going to do on the computer and be disciplined enough to stop when time's up. I just don't like feeling guilty at the end of the day that I somehow neglected B or made him feel like I "had" to do something else instead of play with him.

    Wow. That was long. I guess it's really on my mind, huh? I'd better get crackin' at improving, too! I love ya tons. Your blog looks so cute, by the way! And your designs blog. Did you do it by yourself?? Love ya! Your sis.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh- ps. Did you know that if you go to your posts now you can add pages, too? I thought you might want to use pages on your designs blog so you can have a pricing page, or pages by category/celebration... I think you can only have up to 10 but it's super cool that they added it! Peace out. ;)

    ReplyDelete