Thursday, May 14, 2009

Bad news and...good news!

+
=


2 things that don't belong together!


So, Trey is a pretty quiet, independent kid. When he goes into the other room, it is usually to play...sometimes by himself. Well, today I wasn't sure where he was so I thought I would look for him and he was in my room...nail polish in hand. Nail polish on the carpet, on the wall, in the bathroom, on the toilet, on his clothes, his hands...you get the picture! I told him to go to his room. I knew that if I didn't tell him right away I might start to cry right then and there. I may even raise my voice a little...who am I kidding?! I would have raised my voice a LOT. But when I asked him why he did it he said, "I was painting". It is true-the nail polish is paint. I "paint" my nails, he paints the wall. Makes sense...for a kid I guess. Everything came out except most of it in the carpet...any suggestions?! I am calling a carpet cleaner tomorrow.

Good news! We have a contract on a house in Prattville! We are sad it is in a different ward but I have already made my friends PROMISE they will still be our friends even if we move there. :) I bribed them and black-mailed them into that promise because that is the kind of friend I am! Really, though...we are ready and getting excited! I found this pic online (why is it still online Mr. Seller of the house?! Hmm?).

Since Brock starts school in the fall, our options in the "good" school district were limited in Montgomery, so we had to buy in Prattville. We have come to peace with our decision and hope Prattville is ready for 3 crazy boys. Ready or not, here we come!

6 comments:

  1. Amber...that house is BEAUTIFUL! I am so happy that you guys will be fully settled soon and on your way to a new life! I'm sure you miss Dallas, like I do, but it's nice to have a whole new life to enjoy, as well.

    Good luck with the move! And let us know when you want to meet up in Destin! My favorite beach ever!

    ReplyDelete
  2. been there with the nail polish, but it wasn't my kid! just trimmed the painted carpet with scissors, then eventually got new carpet when we moved. good luck.
    LOVE the house, it's gorgeous and looks HUGE.
    they'll love you no matter where you go.

    ReplyDelete
  3. So I meant to call you last night when I was in Prattville from 7 to midnight. I give you a hard time, but seriously, we are them more than we let on.... Love the house - can't wait to visit! Also, love the blogs and fleur design. Wish I knew sooner - I would have used you for Cindy's shower - your designs are AWESOME!

    See you tomorrow!

    Candi

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow that is a great looking house! We are under contract on our home in NM and close on the 29th. It is such a good feeling to know that the house is yours. Paint, change things and hopefully make it look better. Congrats and good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have used nail polish remover on the carpet and it does great, doesn't hurt the carpet.

    ReplyDelete