Monday, September 27, 2010

Dollar Tree Craft

These cute little tiers are a new project I can see in my future (to be done on Wednesday when kids are allll in school;).  The BEST thing about these is you can find all of the materials (minus the Spray Paint) at The Dollar Tree!!!  So it costs about $6!
You can find more at http://www.joyshope.com/2010/06/carnival-of-tiered-trays.html

But keep in mind - these are NOT FOOD FRIENDLY...so if you decide to display food on them, be sure to put down cupcake liners for cupcakes and doilies for other goodies.  I was also thinking...jewelery storage?  A cute place for keys and spare change to spruce up your kitchen...
Love my kids, but, I can't wait for Wednesday:)

3 comments:

  1. So adorable!! I actually bought a bunch of stuff to make my own cake stands, but I don't think I'll have to spray paint the plates... just the stand. Maybe I'll do a few like yours, too, because the colors are so fun! I'll just put a liner on like you said. I love the idea of using it to hold jewelry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made these for my daughter's birthday party...Here's what I learned! Make sure you use the super glue she recommends b/c mine fell apart! (Luckily not before or during the party but immediately after!!). Also I didn't use a shiny spray paint on 2 of the three I made (I thought satin was shiny but apparently it's matte) which didn't look nearly as cute as the one on which I did use shiny spray paint. They were super easy and cheap to make though and looked so cute holding cupcakes and chocolate covered strawberries!

    www.thetastefulllife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://reflex-videogame.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete