Tuesday, June 17, 2008

"The Secret" by Rhonda Byrne

"Whatever is going on in your mind is what you are attracting"

Rhonda defines 'The Secret' as the law of attraction, which is the principle that "like attracts like." Rhonda calls it "the most powerful law in the universe," and says it is working all the time. "What we do is we attract into our lives the things we want, and that is based on what we're thinking and feeling," Rhonda says. The principle explains that we create our own circumstances by the choices we make in life. And the choices we make are fueled by our thoughts—which means our thoughts are the most powerful things we have here on earth.

SO TRUE! I couldn't help but think how this has a connection with my personal religious beliefs of faith and the spirit within us. We have been taught this aspect in our lives to have faith and to believe in ourselves so I was happy to see Oprah touching on this subject, though it is being described a little differently. They described "turning it all over to the Universe", which I translate personally to turning it over to our Heavenly Father and the plan he has for us. He wants us to be happy and to reach our goals in life. In the show one of the ladies said that if you place a yellow post it note on your mirror with 3 things you want out of life, look at it everyday and tell yourself "I love you" it will happen. Focus on these wants, visualize getting them/reaching them, and believe it will happen. I want to try to focus more on this general aspect of believing (faith) and thinking optomistically. Also, the secret focuses on gratitude and being thankful for what we have in life. Focus on that and more of it will come:) My goals on a post-it note in my bathroom:

1)Love myself completely


2)Live by the beach (long-term of course)


3)Finish my book


I know, still haven't finished! Why? Because I have been focusing on why I can't be good enough to come up with the greatest ending. Well, this thought has changed sistah! I can do it!


Just wondered...what is it that you do to reach your goals in life? Tell me...what are 3 of your wants in life?

6 comments:

  1. totally, i saw the movie a year ago, totally changed my way of thinking and my whole life changed.

    the only think i didn't like about it is that it make is seam like you can wish and visualize for $100 and it will magically apear on your door step. I think that the $100 will show up in oppertunity.

    twice in the last 2 months I have sent out a thought into the universe and got just want i needed.

    now how can i get this to work with blog giveaways? it's just not happening, i try so hard.

    owell. what are we doing saturday?

    ReplyDelete
  2. you have been reading my mind...richard and i were just discussing this. and i realized that i don't have any goals. no focus in my life and nothing that i've thought of accomplishing. just living in the now, not thinking of the future....but it's been a process and i've been thinking and i'm still thinking but it's coming!
    good luck on your book conclusion! you can do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mother in law is obsessed with this book! She bought it for me then bought me and Jon a video that goes along with it! I really like the concepts in this book too! I don't know what my 3 things are yet but this has given me something to think about :) Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting Post Amber. I too saw this on Oprah and was kinda taken back about the whole 'turning it over to the Universe' part, but you're right - that's us turning it over to our Father in Heaven. I was also a little shocked that is was a new concept to people. I had no idea how much I was taking this concept for granted.
    I want to:
    1. have a nicer inner dialog (about myself and others)
    2. travel!! (there is so much I haven't seen)
    3. Play and laugh more with my kids and husband - stop taking life so seriously.
    So these aren't exactly big huge things, but these are things that I have as goals in my life and will probably take a lifetime to find or create, but worth working for!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dave read that book and absolutely loved it. I'll have to think about the 3 goals. I guess it's hard to narrow it down to just 3.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have seen this before and it is an amazing concept..if you can do it. I have such a hard time letting go of things and turning them over, but I think if I did, I would be surprised as to what you get in return! My goals are exactly what Barbie's are:
    1) Better self concept
    2) Appreciate the little moments with my kids and husband
    3) Travel..get out of my comfort zone!
    Thanks for posting this..

    ReplyDelete