Friday, April 10, 2009

Grandma and Me

I dreamed a dream of Grandma and me,
We were on the other side,
She showed me why so fervently,
God's commandments we shall abide,

She took my hands, and we danced around,
Tears rolling down her face,
"Oh, can you believe it? I just had to show you!",
"There is no where else like this place!"

"Oh, dear Grandma, look how you've changed!"
I said so curiously,
She no longer shook, she spoke and she laughed,
Grandma Jet could finally be free,

I looked around to see the perfect
Touch of God's great hand,
Unbelieving, my eyes were confused,
Grandma said one day I'd understand,

The place we call heaven, our eyes are too blind,
'tis not what you can imagine!
The colors, the joy, eternal peace of mind,
His spirit, your constant companion,

When it was my sad time to go,
I hugged my Grandma real tight,
She whispered sweetly in my ear,
"Thank you for coming here tonight",

We said, "I love you" numberless times,
Enough to last me everyday,
And when I awoke, I realized,
I wish I could have stayed.

When I return with so much honor,
I hope to see Him too,
The one who gave His life so selflessly,
For me and for you.

3 comments:

  1. That is beautiful, Amber. I miss grandma, too. She must be so happy even though she wishes she could be with us right now... one day. :)

    Love ya, sis. Thanks for the uplifting poem.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's not an easy thing when a loved one passes. What a blessing the gospel is. What comfort it brings!

    Love you!!

    ReplyDelete