Sunday, October 19, 2008

Few Things About Brock...

(Pic of Brock 2006)

He is really growing up, and being that he is my first, I did not expect it to happen so quickly! I don't know how many times I've teared up this week at that knowledge.

One interesting discussion:
"Mom, when I marry a pretty 'grill', can I bring her to your house and will you be nice to her and can you make her dinner?"... "And when we make cookies with her, I won't have to use a chair!"

"But, don't worry, I don't wanna get married for a long time cuz I wanna be your little boy."...

"Oh, and when I'm a Daddy, that means I can eat a taco!"

(where did that conversation come from?)

A discussion that made the ride home kinda hard because I was crying:
"Hey, Mom?" "I don't wanna give you a kiss when you drop me off at school."

why?

"Because I don't want my teacher to see"

he gets out of the car... "Bye, Brock. I love you!"

He looks around and says "Bye Mom"

I say again..."I LOVE you!"

The teacher says "Brock, your Mom loves you"

"Bye, Mom"
******************************************************************************
Isn't he too young to be too cool to kiss mommy...or to be thinking about marriage?! Please tell me, because I wasn't prepared for this. Tell me I have a few more years and this is just a phase he is going through...:)

2 comments:

  1. Oh- that is so cute! I miss those boys. You are sure to have lots of hugs, kisses, and "I love you, Mom"s from him in the future. What a cute boy. He's a thinker, that's for sure. I love the way he thinks-- and how he tells you what he's thinking! That's such a good thing-- he feels like he can talk to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is a sad day when they don't want to kiss you at school. I love that he says when he says he wont need a chair to help make cookies. How cute!

    ReplyDelete