Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Lots of posts in one

What is going on with the Wardell's?

First of all, what is up with my house? Seriously-if you could see my upstairs especially you would think I never clean! Brock is done napping (for the most part) and has quiet time while Trey is asleep and he HAS to stay upstairs. So, what does he do? He destroys it-my little tornado! You would think that tornado last night was inside our house instead of 5 miles away!
Anyway, that's another story! My kitchen-wow! Can I keep the floors clean for more than 2 seconds please?! What's up with food all over and smeared into my textured tiles that never wanna come out? Any suggestions on how to get that all the way out? I'm talkin' brocolli, ice cream, BANANAS, you name it. I can get the surface ok but I know it is still there. UGH-this whole "nesting" thing is outta hand. I can never spring clean enough and when it is looking decent something else needs to be cleaned. Why did I want a 2 story again?

Oh my goodness...The boys are keeping me ON MY FEET - Brock turns 4 this Friday and Trey is now starting to communicate what he wants. The whining rings my ears from the both of them. Right now, what are they doing? They are in the bathtub playing "cold raisin fingers" and flooding the bathroom while I type a boring post. I just asked "Brock, is Trey's face in the water?" He said "No, he is ok." Good to know...better go check to be sure. K-I'm back!




Brock is in soccer now (late posting it since the season is almost over) and he loves it! Last practice he did really well. The last game that I saw, though, he was pulling kids down while trying to get the ball away from them. The coach had to pull him aside on that one. Trey just kicks and screams as I hold him back from playing on the team...so fun!


Book Update: Some have asked about this and I am starting to regret telling all of you about my book just in case the publisher I want doesn't take it. I have to admit I got a little excited when a publishing company wanted to publish it but when I decided to turn them down and try for another one that is affiliated with the LDS church, I was told to finish the WHOLE thing first. Usually you send the first few chapters but now I am stuck with a deadline to finish the whole thing. Well, good news! I finally came up with a great ending while on my relaxing cruise sitting by the pool...ahhhh (since I was suffering from writer's block for a month before that) and will now have it sent out this month! I will keep ya posted on the results-let's pray they take the book. I really think it contains good morals for youth and adults. It is a tear jerker though...
I am afraid it isn't as good as I think it is, but I guess they will tell me soon enough.

FAQ's:What's it about? Based in Edinburgh, Scotland, one sister goes to visit another after a major tragedy (can't say what-unless it just collects dust on my shelf and no one else's...then I will tell you:). It is about life, love, and faith. I LOVE the characters in it. Anyway, that's the only FAQ and it's not really frequently asked-you peeps are just being nice to ask at all. LOL


Last but not least, my Mom lives here with us and can I say just what a joy she has been! The boys absolutely LOVE having her here with us. They wake her up each morning (sorry Mom) and she never complains (to me:). My Mom has a way with kids-she had 7 of them herself but you would think that after all that raising up of children, she would be like "I'm done! Your turn. I am just here to give presents occasionally." But, nope! Instead she plays with them every chance she gets because she really wants to. She loves ALL her grandkids so much!She works so hard! She has been such a beacon of strength in my life. She somehow seems to work on her feet until 10 or 11 every night with a few health problems. I don't know how she does it but she keeps on smiling. Her goal is to serve a single sister mission and is saving up for that. That is so admirable!

Ok, so that was kind of boring...Thanks for reading. I would love to hear about all your life's endeavors and how you and your fams are doing. You have been great to hear me out. :) Loves!

5 comments:

  1. Your boys are so cute Amber..it's hard to be mad at them huh? I can't believe how your book is moving along..congrats..Cruises are a great place to think..again you are blowing me out of the water with your talents! That pic of Brock and Scotty turned out cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Call me a blog peep, I jumped in from TC's page. Oh my gosh, thats so my little guy. Riley 3 does this stuff all the time. I sooo feel for ya! Check out my blog here to win..
    http://bonnielouvintage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey sis! I want an updated version of your book-- since I am your sister and all-- so I can read it!!! We don't have to tell anyone, either. :) I am way way excited for you. Way to go on finding something you love to do (and you're good at) and just doing it! I admire you. Love ya! Hope we can see you soon! Take care of all your babies for me, and say "hi" to mom and Ty. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok - kitchen floor, have you tried the 'magic eraser' from Mr Clean? I could buy stock in that company, great product. (But don't use it on anything that has a finish, like paint - that little thing will take paint off! ha)

    Book - I'm excited to read it. I know you'll do a great job. That's awesome that you came up with an ending while on your cruise!

    Your mom - I love that she enjoys playing with her grandbabies. You're right, I think after raising 7 of her own she has every right to say 'I'm done'. She is too cool!

    Connor and I are excited about the party! (sorry for the long comment)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great post--I think it helps us all feel REAL.

    I'm so impressed that you've been writing. ok, really, I shouldn't be surprised--you woman of MANY talents!! You'll have to keep us posted.

    ReplyDelete