Friday, April 25, 2008

TIME OUT FOR WOMEN

Thought I would add the happy portion of my weekend in OKC (scroll down for the sad part). We had such a fun time at TOFW. We stayed in a great location down the street from the convention center. We ate and ate to our heart's content-which is every woman's favorite thing about a GWO (girl's weekend out). The first night we ate at "Zio's", this really yummy Italian restaurant and then after the night's talks were over, we of course had to go to "The Melting Pot". I had never been there before but it was SO yummy! I really hadn't laughed that hard in a long time. Amber Shelton was hilarious!

We took a walk back to our place that night and Jenny found this sign....



We couldn't resist...It was really so much fun.
Thanks Jenny for the pics!


My favorite part of the conference was when Hilary Weeks would speak and sing to us. She performed so professionally and had such a great way about her. She is just REAL! I look up to the person that she is. She brought the spirit into the room as soon as her voice hit the speakers, whether it be just talking or singing. She sang this song about a day as a mother. I have felt this way so many times...I don't believe it is released yet so I don't know the lyrics. I think it was called "If today was the last day of the world". It said "I would hold you tight, memorize every feature of your face...I wish that I could sing to you a lullaby tonight." NIAGRA FALLS! I was bawling so hard, thinking that I have felt that way so many times. Did I do my best with the time I had with my children today? Did I make the most of my time? Most of the time, no. So I went away feeling motivated to treat every day like it was the last day I had with them.

There were other great speakers there as well. Dean Hughes and Jason Wright (awesome authors) spoke. They had some great things to say as well. I really enjoyed Dean Hughes' remarks on being patient. He has a case of the road rage, as many of us (me) do. He was talking about taking time to really enjoy the moments.

Over all, the weekend made me feel a jumpstart as a mother and wife. Not only did I miss my children-the talks that were given were very special and helped us see how special our calling in life as mothers really is.

7 comments:

  1. That sounds like such a fun thing to do! Glad you had such a good time!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Hilary Weeks! She is so talented. I'm glad you had such a good time!
    A jump start to life is always a good thing :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like it was an amazing weekend! I always love how I feel after attending education week at BYU so I imagine it was the same kind of feeling. I'll have to try and go next time it comes around.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks really cute!! You are so good at doing this stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey! Sounds like you had a good time. It always feels good to go away and get re-focused so you can be a better mom and wife that you want to be, and I think it helps to be around other women who expirience or have gone through similar things. What an expirience. Glad you are doing well, love ya!!! Krista

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like a fun trip. I love those kinds--entirely rejuvinating!! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sounds like you had such a great time! Reading all about it made me want to go.

    ReplyDelete