Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Big boy bed

(We still need to hang up the shelves, etc on the walls...)


So the boys are home and am I happy! They are really just bright spots in my life. I don't remember what life was like without them, and I can't imagine what life will be like with a 3rd. I am sure it will only bring more joy! Time for a big boy bed...


I did get some stuff done while they were gone, though. I was able to put Trey's room together (with the help of my mom and her boyfriend, Denny-thanks guys!). They painted his back wall blue and with thanks to Craigs list, I got a whole array of bedroom decor of just what I was looking for. Trey loves the water so much and his fave movie right now is "Surf's up" so I couldn't help but make his room a surfer room. The pieces aren't all put up on the walls yet but you can see how cute the quilt looks with the painted bed frame. NOTICE: Trey is in a big boy bed and he turns 2 in like a week. HE amazes me-seriously, we don't even have a rail on there to keep him from falling off. He goes straight to sleep most of the time (Ok, maybe I found him on the floor at midnight last night lying next to a toy-we will pretend he was playing with that toy and didn't just happen to fall next to it-lil stinker!). He really is such a sweet kid. I am so blessed with both of my boys and the sweet way they play together...most of the time :o)

6 comments:

  1. So cute..his room turned out so good..Isn't it crazy that they grow so fast. He will seem soo big when your 3rd comes! Wow..you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the surf theme. I want to see the finished product. can't wait

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait for next wk when you can show off your talent in decorating his room. The pics look really cute. Amazing to think he's going to be 2! He is such a sweet heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is the CUTEST surf board! Did you paint it yourself? I'm very impressed girl! (I shouldn't be surprised - you are so talented)

    You'll have to show us the results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute blog update! You are always doing fun stuff :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Trey's room looks so cute. You did a great job!

    ReplyDelete