Friday, July 25, 2008

Oh...if only I were an octopus!

( This is me pretty soon if we keep making babies like this... )

Brock and Trey were both being a bit demanding last week. It was lunchtime, I was hungry and THEY were hungry, the phone was ringing, the kitchen needed a major cleanup, and I just couldn't do everything all at once. I am sure you parents out there can relate. So, I said to Brock, "I only have 2 arms! I'm not an octopus, ya know." It was intended to lighten the mood I was in but I think Brock took it pretty serious.

8 days later: Just got back from swimming and we are all thirsty, hungry AND tired...

Brock-Mom?
Me- Yeah, Brock.
Brock-I want a drink.
Me- (Cutting the chicken nuggets in half for Trey) I'm workin' on it
Brock-Mom?
Me-Yeah, Brock. (sounding irritated at this point-blood sugar pretty low by now)
Brock-I'm so sorry you only have 2 arms. I wish you had 7 arms. Then you would get everything done that you want.

I just laughed and shook my head in amazement of the great memory he has. But, Brock-Octopus have 8 "arms", or are they legs?

6 comments:

  1. That's a cute post! No kidding, wouldn't it be nice to have more than 2 arms/legs (?).
    Crazy to think you only have 32 wks to go and then you will be a mom of 3! I'm glad you're doing it first, ha!

    ReplyDelete
  2. you are killing me!! You actually would look great as an octopus! I would love to have even one more arm or leg..yikes.. You are doing great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. AMBER!!! I am so glad you found me! What an adorable family you have. Congrats on the pregnancy! I love the octopus story. I am glad to hear that I am not the only one going through that :)
    Talk to you soon.Please keep in touch!
    Tiff

    ReplyDelete
  4. Found your blog! You are so cute! I've added you to our friends list! Hope that's okay!!!! Hope to talk to you soon...!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can you imagine the world if we had 8 arms? That would be incredible!!! Do you feel entirely outnumbered? I hope you're feeling alright--pregnancy knocks it all out of me!

    Hey - I LOVE the new blog look! You're so creative!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Amber-
    I sent an invite to my blog. Hope you don't mind I added you to mine. Cute family... and love the story.. Very funny!

    ReplyDelete