Thursday, February 14, 2008

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!


So Valentine's is one of my favorites, but it was a very adventurous one. It started out with me rushing to Wal-mart for some carrot sticks and dip for Brock's preschool party that I would not be able to attend. Then I got home, to take him and his friend Scotty to school and came home to get ready for our first ultra sound! The baby looks fine and there was only a little cyst on one of my ovaries but they said it usually just goes away. They will monitor it so I am not worried...

Then, Ty and I were able to go out to lunch together thanks to my mom for watching Trey and Jenny for watching Brock. Ty gave me beautiful roses and a precious card. After that, Brock came home and we started to clean house, then make dinner and the Valentine's Day party preps! Our lil fam put up streamers and made a chocolate cake with white frosting (Ty's fave). We ate Shephard's pie and drank sparkling cider, then opened our gifts.


The boys made Ty a custom heart plate with their handprints (from Walls of Clay in downtown McKinney), and a customized book with pics entitled "What we love about you..."

Brock and Trey got toys in the morning before school, and some books and new pillowcases their Grandma Janet made them for this special day.

Grandma got a beautiful vase of roses!

So, it was like Christmas around here! So much fun! And you can see the bugs we caught previously today got to enjoy watching us open presents (see the bug catcher above-just when did we have time to capture bugs today?) and Trey kinda liked his cake too! And after NO nap, you could say the boys were more than ready for bed once it hit 7!

HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY!!!

3 comments:

  1. HA, Lil Trey! It looks like he really enjoyed his cake! How cute, that is awesome that you guys had a little party. too cute

    ReplyDelete
  2. Seriously, it is Christmas in the Wardell home... wow!! How fun for you guys. I love the plate and cute book. What a cool idea! By the way, Shepard’s pie is by far my favorite dinner in the world! I hope you saved some for me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like you had a great day! I finally set up a blog and when Misti gave me her address I linked over to yours. I hope that's ok. I knew you would have a way cute blog! You're so good on the computer. My blog is still the plain boring one you start with. Oh well. Someday I may change it!
    -Jen

    ReplyDelete