Monday, January 14, 2008

My AI Dilemna!



To watch American Idol or to not watch it, that is the question!

So, many of you know I tried out for AI this year in Dallas and was dissed! Ok, so there were close to 19,999 others there and the competition was STEEP, but c'mon...some of the most amazing singers with the biggest chords I have heard got turned away! And then, not seconds later you got major white girl trying to be black (no I am not talking about me-I sang country), singing all these licks like they were going out of style and she was so OFF! She got in to the next round! It was really ridiculous and clear to everyone around us why she got in. I am SO sick of ratings! K, so I wasn't all thinking I would be the next AI. Besides, if I was what in the world would I do with my children while I was out there sharing a house with 9 other strangers? Yeah, that wouldn't have worked-ok, that's what I keep tellin myself.
For real, it was such a fun experience I will never forget. The heat was overbearing but I met some really talented and fun people -can't wait to see if they made it.

This girl stood in line next to me...she got it cause she painted herself green! I don't think she made it far though...Bottom line, should I watch it? I will be so freakin' ticked the whole time at all the crappy ones who just got on there for ratings. My rant is over! Lemme know whatcha think...

What? The above pic was not doctored. Kelly and Carrie couldn't make it for the shoot so Lori and I totally filled in.

6 comments:

  1. What??? I am in shock. I would have thought for sure that you would have won the title of american Idol. I know how it works, You made the top 10 or 12 but you can't let us know because you signed a contract saying that you'd keep the results quiet until they aired the show. No worries, your secret is safe with me.
    Ps- I am obsessed with AI, you must tell me every detail of your try out. Did you see Simon? Is Randy fat or Phat? Was Paula taking drugs? You must tell all.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amber, I'm so glad you found our blog and left a comment... I'm adding you as a friend! How are you doing? Your family is adorable! I wish you lived close, our boys could create chaos with each other! Anyway, I'm so excited to see how you are doing... you look great! Keep posting and good job trying out for American Idol!... I don't tell many people this but I tried out about 4 years ago in L.A. I got the ax too! But now I feel better because you have an amazing voice and didn't get through... those idiots! Hope to hear from you often :)

    TC

    ReplyDelete
  3. man are you lucky to get a pic with the AI's thats amazing. Can't wait to hear you sing! I know you are amazing, they are crazy for not putting you on the show.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber you are awsome!! To even try out must have been fun. Too bad you didn't make it, but you are right. Your family needs you!! Do tell the details!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HELLO!!! AI does not know what they are missing!! You're way too good for that anyway! :) I'm sure you'll have your own record out next year. What would you need them for?

    ReplyDelete
  6. SERIOUSLY AMBER!! I am your visiting teacher! (and friend!) and I didn't know this little secret about you. I didn't even know you sang at all! Guess who's going to be doing a solo in Sac. Mtg. soon? ha ha. But come on, how could they pass you up? Did you get in to see Paula, Randy, and Simon? Besides the looks, if you've got the voice... which sounds like you do- how could they turn you away! You'll always be my American Idol!! hee hee.

    ReplyDelete