Tuesday, January 29, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley


Two days ago, President Hinckley passed away and joyfully reunited with his wonderful wife. Here are few things I will always cherish about him.

In conference 2003, he stated:
"This life is but a chapter in the eternal plan of our Father. It is full of conflict and seeming incongruities. Some die young. Some live to old age. We cannot explain it. But we accept it with the certain knowledge that through the atoning sacrifice of our Lord we shall all go on living, and this with the comforting assurance of His immeasurable love."

“Learn of me, and listen to my words; walk in the meekness of my Spirit, and you shall have peace in me” (D&C 19:23).

One of the most memorable traits he held was his sense of humor! What a joy! This is a quote from him on humor...
HUMOR
We need to have a little humor in our lives. We better take seriously that which should be taken seriously, but at the same time we can bring in a touch of humor now and again. If the time ever comes when we can't smile at ourselves, it will be a sad time. -- Church News interview with Mike Cannon, in Dublin, Ireland, Sept. 1, 1995.

I will always cherish this sweet man and look forward to the time I can thank him personally for the impact he had in my life and my testimony.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting those quotes! What a remarkable man!

    ReplyDelete