Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Brock's Sweet Pwayew

Brock has been really into prayer and church lately. He is so intrigued with the knowledge that Heavenly Father gave him a little brother and another baby in mommy's tummy. When he goes to bed, he prays like most kids do and we have told him if he ever needs ANYTHING he can pray and talk to Heavenly Father. One thing really sweet about him is that yesterday he lost some bulletts to his nerf gun and it was like the end of the world. I pretended to be very concerned but really kept doing the dishes and as I was I heard this cute little voice coming from the TV room. "Heavenwy Fathew, pwease bwess me to find my buwetts fow my gun...Amen." I about dropped the plate I was holding to run to him and give him the biggest bear hug a mother could give. I was so proud of him...it was cute and funny at the same time that he would pray for his bullets. So, lo and behold, he found a bullet and so did I only minutes later. He said "It's because Heavenwy Fathew wubs me so much! He helped me find my buwett!" I could just eat that little guy up sometimes.

Ok, now that I wrote that, I must share a not so proud experience. Jenny was taking the boys to school on a day after there was a lot of snow (us Texans remember that week) and when they got there, Jenny said "Oh, it looks like school was cancelled & you won't be going to school today." So what did my sweet spiritual giant of an almost 4-yr-old say? "Da_ _ it! We don't get to go to school today." Yeah, you can fill in the blanks. No, I am not proud of that! You know why? He got that from me because I slipped with that word when I really was having a hard day and I will regret that ever since.

Love you Brocky-thanks for being the better example to me!

5 comments:

  1. First of all... so cute and sweet, secondly, HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! I love it! My kids haven't picked up on my little habit yet! Good luck :O)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute story about his prayer. Love it! I miss him tons... and the rest of you, of course. :) Thanks for calling me last night. I will call you today! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is so sweet that he knows that his Heavenly Father loves him! Wouldn't this world be a better place if people could understand that.
    Love it!

    Don't worry mom, sometimes we slip. Sounds like you are raising a strong little guy. job well done mom!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So precious! I trully believe that these spirits were saved for these latter days for a reason.

    ReplyDelete
  5. it's precious that their faith is greater than ours sometimes. they truly are sponges and learn what we want them to and what we don't want them to. Rylei has learned some "unchoice" words from her daddy too!!

    ReplyDelete