Friday, March 28, 2008

The right things always happen...



It's crazy what you can talk your mind into believing. I was SO sure this time we were having a girl. I feel different, my hormones are CRAZY with my skin and emotions. I had been getting my hopes up, but just yesterday I found out we are HAVING A BABY BOY! This will be # 3...

I cried. What kind of selfish reaction is that?! I cried b/c I can't have my baby girl this time-but more that I may NEVER have a baby girl. I dunno-maybe I will...maybe next time (If I can talk Ty into a next time:). All I do know is that on the way to the hospital to get my sonogram, I prayed that the right thing would happen. I felt warm peace, then I said to myself, "self, you know the right thing will happen...so no matter what it will be ok." Better said than done! I asked the radiologist to check 3 times and she said "I am 1000 percent positive" after checking different angles. Who knows-maybe it'll fall off!! Ha Ha!

A couple of weeks ago, I remember talking myself and my husband into believing this truly is a GIRL. I was all giddy and then I calmly said "ya know, Ty,I KNOW there is a boy up there. I can not imagine life without another baby boy." Little did I know, he was already here lounging in my womb, resting up to be 100% boy like my other 2. Brock was so happy when I told him the news but on the car ride to our "date" later that afternoon, he said "Mommy, I'm sorry it isn't a girl." He is so sweet. I assured him I am so happy for another little hoodlum like him.

I was talking to a friend this morning and we were saying that the Lord needs boys in the last days. I am honored to help raise 3 and I know they are strong spirits. Can I please have a baby girl too? Either way, I am so grateful the baby is looking so far so good and healthy. This is what matters!

12 comments:

  1. Oh Amber, I know how bad you wanted that baby girl. Congratulations to a healthy baby. Wow! Three boys!! How fun. I am sorry. I know what it feels like to feel so selfish about being sad and disappointed. I felt the same way when I had my ultrasound for Daxton,(and I already had 1 girl)so I was even worse. Obviously I can't imagine my life without him now just as I'm sure you will feel. But dang it, I still can't buy any girlie clothes for anyone. I was counting on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ha ha ha, if his "thing" falls off just let me know, i'm make you a really girly shirt.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so excited for you and Ty. That is really great news. You are an amazing 'boy' mom and you grow the cutest little boys ever.
    I'm happy to hear that he is doing well and is healthy.
    Enjoy the cruise! I'm excited to talk to you when you get back.
    Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  4. as a mom of 3 of the same sex, i feel your pain, but think of all the money you're saving on clothes and toys and no weddings to pay for and no bows to make and no tampons to buy and....ok, i'm not making you feel better, but can I tell YOU how jealous I am of YOU that you at least got a boy??!!! HEavenly Father knows what we need and your tender spirit is up there waiting to call you mom and lucky you all your boys can marry all my girls!!!
    have a great trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't know if you remember me but I am Matt Elmer's wife Molly. congrats on the pregnancy and I felt that way with my second. Three boys, I can't imagine. Good luck! Email me sometime, we should get together.
    mnmelmer@gmail.com
    www.mollysfavoritethings.com
    www.elmerboys.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on the lil' hoodlum! ;)

    Your boys are such heartbreakers that you mine as well add another! Lemme know if you ever need anything.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amber,
    Congrats!! If it makes you feel any better my little girl is 100x more stubborn, dramatic, and just plain hard to deal with. Love her to death, but you can definitely tell a difference between her and Brayden. At least you know you already make cute boys!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Amber, you could always adopt! It's the only way I was able to get a girl! I'm sure when we have another that it will be another 100% boy! I'm so sorry though, I know how hard that is... we were going to be done with the 2 boys and I always felt a little sad that I wouldn't have a girl... tampons and all!!! I agree though, your boys are SO ADORABLE... maybe one of them can marry Anabelle?!?! If we ever actually SEE eachother! Well congrats anyway :) We are happy for your family.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Amber, I would have cried too. Just think of all of the money that you will save with hand-me-downs. I'm sure you'll eventually get your little girl and then you can spoil her rotten.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh Amber... as the mom of 4 boys, I feel your pain!! I did manage to get a girl in there in the middle, but it's a crazy life with all these boys! I am destined for scouting for the rest of my life! You'll get your girl eventually, you may just have to have a lot of kids! And I won't talk about all the money you'll save cuz my boys are costing me an arm and a leg with all their extracurricular activities and adventures anyways!

    I second the "boys in the last days" comment... and while it scares me to death, it is also comforting to know that the Lord has trusted us to be those "mothers who know" and raise strong men to defend Him in the last days.

    You can borrow Hannah anytime- she's instant drama the second she walks in the door. Love ya girl! Glad he's a healthy boy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks for all the comforting words from all you awesome girls! I do feel better about it...kinda feeling guilty for whining about it but I do feel better:)
    You are all right-the baby is healthy and of course a cutie (at least he will be to me:) so the rest is aaaallll good.
    Love you all!

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Amber,
    Your girl will come, it just may take a few more tries. (Your mom didn't quit!) You are a very patient person so I know you will handle the hoodlums just fine. I am so happy that he is a healthy little guy, I can't wait to see him. Love ya!

    ReplyDelete