Sunday, March 23, 2008

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY EASTER BIRTHDAY

(pictures to come later)
Hey there blogging buddies! Just had to take a sec and list all the wonderful things I love about my husband since it IS our 7th anniversary today! Oh, and it's Easter and it's my brother's birthday and Brock was born on Easter day (April 11) 4 years ago...so we had a LOT to celebrate today.

First humor me and let me write about how it all started...
Ty and my bro were on a mission together and became best friends and roommates after. Ty and I met while on a group date with different people. I was currently on break from my boyfriend and out with one of my brother's friends. I think it was kind of a charity date that my bro set up, but anywayzzzz Ty was there at the same hockey game. He was sitting behind us burning a huge HOLE in my back but that's a different story :0). He still remembers what I was wearing! HA! (He will never admit this by the way)
So, anyhoo, I got back together with the boyfriend (ugh!) and we ended up getting engaged. Ty kept calling and asking me on dates knowing all along I was engaged but I kept turning him down thinking it was a joke anyway. Well, the guy ended up being a HUGE egotistic jerk who didn't want the same things I wanted in life (like children) so we went our seperate ways and on the next day...Ty and I go to the same fireworks show in Salt Lake (seperately but ending up together). EVER since he has been the man I have been waiting for. He believes in me, he has patience with my very few flaws (yeah right) and loves me unconditionally. I LOVE THIS GUY! He really makes me feel great about myself. He helps me reach for the sky in all I do. His support has brought me so much confidence and I now know I can do more than I thought! He lifts me up (I know, cliche but it is true).

K-so Ty only has 2 letters in his name so I am making these pretty long...

T-Totally the funnest person I have ever met with so much love and determination. Ty has an awesome work ethic. He works until 7 or later most nights and goes in around 7:30 every morning...crazy! He is my "rough tough cream puff" who would never admit his soft side. I love how much he adores his children and ME! He treats us so well and would go to the ends of the earth for us. He has this way about him that drew me to him from day one. What ya see is what ya get!
I love that!

Y-YES! There I said it. I never said yes when he asked me to marry him. I was too shocked and excited to say anything so I just cried instead and hung on every word he had just said. It was the first time he told me he loved me so when I finally could speak all I said was "I LOVE YOU TOO!"

Well, thanks again for reading (if you still are reading). I would LOVE to hear how all of you met yours truly. Feel free to post or treat this as a tag to post on your blog...either way. Happy Easter too!

Rick, brother if you are reading this, Happy Birthday! I love you and appreciate the kind and generous brother you have always been to me. You are the best!

5 comments:

  1. That was a COOL post! I am so glad that you met Ty too. He treats you really well and you deserve every bit of it! Happy 7th. Just think, the cruise is right around the corner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. NO! It just deleted my amazing comment... :(

    I loved the post, I love you guys.

    Summary of the awesome post it erased:

    -lots of fun memories of Ty yelling something in the background of our phone conversations b/c he wants to be a part of it :) ... that's one of my favorite things about Ty.

    -you guys are perfect for each other

    -if you're coming up here for the 4th of July, we need to hang out! And they're doing Les Mis at Tuachan in St George, so we could get tickets & go... lemme know what you think :)

    Love you guys! You ROCK!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!! I didn't know that your anniversary was Sun. What a great tribute to him..you guys are so great together!
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is so cute! You guys are a perfect match. I can't believe your only 3 years behind Rick and I. Ya! Our Big 10 year is up on June 1st and we are hittin' Vegas Baby.And.... Amber, I don't know how I can compete with that tribute to Ty, that was good...real good! Loved it, love ya! Krista

    ReplyDelete